Plans for the next installment of the Vin Diesel-led xXx action film franchise are already being cooked after winning big globally earlier this year $346 million dollars with xXx: The Return Of Xander Cage at Paramount. The creative details remain pending but its confirmation otherwise comes in part with the larger initiative hailed by the launch of new film production and financing firm, The H Collective.
As The Wrap reports, veteran producers Sid Ganis, Nancy Hult Ganis, Mark Johnson, Joe Roth and Jeff Kirschenbaum are shepherding the new company with the new xXx as the first of a raft of titles to produce, market and distribute. The fledgeling company will finance the pic with Roth and Kirschenbaum producing and with all company rights acquired – excluding TV and U.S. theme park rights, as well as domestic distribution rights to select content.
The firm finance an average of four films annually through 2021 with varying budgets and categories, and has an exclusive partnership with Beijing Culture platforming its North and South American rights to three films for which it will handle distribution and marketing, namely including Wu Jing’s Wolf Warrior 2 which opens in China next month, as well as Ding Sheng’s A Better Tomorrow 4 and Xiao Yang’s upcoming fantasy romance adventure, Hanson And The Beast.
“I’m extremely happy to be part of The H Collective family from the beginning,” Ganis said in a statement. “The company has a great understanding of motion picture investment and an eye for quality productions.”
Roth added, “In today’s Hollywood, it requires strong partners to produce and finance such big-budget movies as the ‘xXx’ series, and The H Collective is a welcome and exciting new company that we look forward to working with.”
“The H Collective has proposed a very clever and original model for making films of all sizes and shapes, and at all price levels,” Johnson said. “We are excited with the challenge of making diverse and arresting films for today’s global audience.”
Further included in The H Collective’s package are the following:
• Three Sisters — Ruby Rose (“XXx: Return of Xander Cage”) stars in this action comedy with Timur Bekmambetov (“Wanted”) directing a script by Derek Haas (“Wanted”). Roth and Kirschnbuam will produce
• A Children’s Song — When two students competing for a music scholarship discover that their original compositions are based on a single family song, both are determined to prove ownership, leading them to uncover the long lost true origin of the melody: a story of salvation and hope when over 20,000 Jews immigrated to Shanghai during WWII. The film will be produced by Sid Ganis and Nancy Hult Ganis.
• Raven Road — After a friend dies in mysterious circumstances on a deserted stretch of road made famous by urban legend, a group of investigate the myth. Brian Anderson scripted the horror-thriller, which Johnson will produce.
• White House Chef — A Chinese chef working in the White House must save the first family after he becomes unintentionally involved in a secret terrorist plot targeting an important state dinner. Johnson is producing the action-comedy.
• The Parts You Lose — When a young deaf boy comes across a wounded man in a snowdrift, he moves him to a nearby barn and helps nurse him back to health. Before long, it becomes clear how dangerous this man is, and the unlikely friendship that develops between the two may have grave consequences. Aaron Paul (“Breaking Bad“) is attached to star, and Johnson will produce.