It’s been a while since MVD announced Sheldon Lettich’s Double Impact to their growing ‘Rewind Collection’. The distro banner has been quiet from time to time as the rollout got a bit complicated with certian legalities involved, but is now back and fully elucidating the film’s preparation for its tentative May 28 Collector’s Edition release on Blu-Ray.
“Due to certain rights and clearance issues, we were not able to include these rough cuts.” the company said in a statement referencing announcements last year in hopes of presenting two alternative cuts. “We were, however, permitted to excise the never before seen footage in these cuts and bring you close to an hour of deleted and extended scenes. I would have loved to have had the option to show these cuts but clearance issues prevented us from including them. Either way, I’m thrilled that we still have the opportunity to share these with you.
The company adds: “You are going to love the new interviews with Jean-Claude Van Damme. He’s informative, entertaining and fun.To have landed him for both Lionheart and now Double Impact is one of the highlights of my career,”
The final artwork is just below along with an official classic trailer to help stir the nostalgia in your blood some.
Twin brothers torn apart by violence.
On a mission of revenge.
One packs a punch.
One packs a piece.
Together they deliver… DOUBLE IMPACT
What could be better than Jean-Claude Van Damme (Lionheart) in an explosively entertaining action extravaganza? Two of him! There’s twice the excitement, twice the mayhem and twice the fun in this turbo-charged adventure that pushes the thrills into overdrive.
Van Damme leaps into the dual roles of Chad and Alex Wagner, twin brothers who were separated after their parents’ brutal murder. Years later, the two couldn’t be more different: Chad is a slick Beverly Hills fitness instructor, while Alex is a rough and tumble smuggler on the gritty streets of Hong Kong. But when fate throws them together again, Chad and Alex discover that there’s one thing they have in common: they’re both fighting machines! Determined to enact revenge on their parents’ killers, the martial-arts experts kick, chop and shoot all the way to an electrifying final showdown aboard a gargantuan freighter in Hong Kong harbor.
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the main feature in 1.85:1 aspect ratio
• English Surround DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0, Spanish Dolby Digital 2.0
• English, Spanish, French Subtitles
• The Making of Double Impact: Part 1 (HD, 53 mins) + The Making of Double Impact: Part 2 (59 mins) [A two part feature length retrospective documentary about the making of the film featuring interviews with star and co-writer Jean-Claude Van Damme, director and co-writer Sheldon Lettich, producer Ashok Amritraj, co-star Cory Everson-Donia, co-star and fight coordinator Peter Malota and “Chad” and “Alex” photo doubles Jeff Rector & Jerry Rector]
• Double Impact: Deleted / Extended Scenes (SD, 54 mins)
• Double Impact: Anatomy of a Scene (with Director Sheldon Lettich) (HD, 8 mins)
• Original Theatrical Trailer (SD)
• Collectible Mini-Poster
Special Features May Not Be Rated, Closed Captioned Or In High Definition.
By request of MGM, this release will be region A locked.