For the last three years, moms and dads have been pining to take their kids to see a Deadpool movie only to get angry on the internet about exposing them to R-rated violence and gore and outlandish comedy…and then pester 20th Century Fox to re-edit the films at the last minute.
Welp, if you’re one of them, don’t fret. Fox is obliging accordingly with an almost 2.5-like entry that brings The Wonder Years series actor Fred Savage and a raft of new scenes chopped and mixed in with a taut selection from the Tim Miller and David Leitch-directed ones to now bring you Once Upon A Deadpool. Much of Deadline‘s coverage a few weeks ago is ado with the film’s description, among other things that should at least garner the approval of new parents with kids born after 2005.
On December 12, Deadpool 2 is back in theaters with zero F’s given.
To kick off the holiday season audiences of almost all ages will soon be able to enjoy the Merc with the Mouth’s reimagining of Deadpool 2 filtered through the prism of childlike innocence.
“Fox has been asking for a PG-13 basically since the start in 2006,” Ryan Reynolds told Deadline. “I’ve said no since 2006. Now, this one time, I said ‘Yes’ on two conditions. First, a portion of the proceeds had to go to charity. Second, I wanted to kidnap Fred Savage. The second condition took some explaining…”
Fred Savage will join Reynolds in new scenes for ONCE UPON A DEADPOOL in an homage to Savage’s starring role in the 1987 bedtime-story classic THE PRINCESS BRIDE. Fred remarked, “while my participation in this film was anything but voluntary, I am happy to learn that Fudge Cancer will be the beneficiary of this shameless cash grab”
For every ticket sold, $1 will go to the charity Fudge Cancer – previously known as Fuck Cancer, who have graciously changed their name to be more PG-13 friendly for the 12 days of Once Upon A Deadpool’s release.