Third Window Films is touting a limited edition release of one of its most-prized titles of its catalogue, One Cut Of The Dead.
A sleeper hit at home with increasing support in the months and years that followed, director Shinichiro Ueda’s one-take comedic horror delight now comes aptly packaged with its 57-minute follow-up, One Cut Of The Dead: Hollywood Edition. The UK distro outlet will have 2000 units on hand, boasting several hours of content with bonus features, and it all goes down May 31.
Peep the specs below:
ONE CUT OF THE DEAD opens in a run-down, abandoned warehouse where a film crew are making a zombie film. Yet this is no ordinary warehouse. It’s been said that it’s the site of military experiments on human. From nowhere, real zombies arrive & terrorize the crew!
This may sound like a the plot of a clichéd zombie film, but One Cut of the Dead is something completely different! Starting off with a non-stop one-take 37 minute shot, the film then completely switches direction & turns the zombie genre completely upside down into a charming, audience-friendly comedy with an ending you won’t see coming!
The spin-off film ONE CUT OF THE DEAD: IN HOLLYWOOD boasts more zealous zombies and the former cast beefed up with international characters. As in the original, the plot centers on the Higurashi family, the starlet Chinatsu, a pretty-boy actor, a cameraman with a bad back, a tomboy assistant camera girl and the usual bumbling underlings. Besides a couple of easy-going producers, the film has added the new characters Joe and Tommy. And there are more zombies than ever!!
• “One Cut of the Dead” feature (96 mins)
• “One Cut of the Dead in Hollywood” Spin-off Movie (57 mins)
• Making of One Cut of the Dead (45 mins)
• Director Shinichiro Ueda Interview (18 mins)
• Raw “One Cut of the Dead” GoPro footage (38 mins)
• POM Instruction Video (1 min)
• “One Cut of the Dead” Outtakes (5 min)
• Slipcase featuring artwork by Grégory Sacré (Gokaiju)
• Reversible Sleeve with artwork from both movies
• Limited to 2000 copies